Following a bit of research, it has become apparent that most other golf courses generate roughly
30%-40% of gross revenue in golf cart rentals. Quail Ridge is unique in the way that the bulk of
our members own their own cart and Quail Ridge and the City of Baker City has accommodated
this with the installation of cart houses located on Quail Ridge (City) Property. Thus, at Quail
Ridge, golf cart rentals have historically comprised of only 6% of gross revenue.
In order for Quail Ridge to be completely self-sustaining and for it to continue to be an asset to
Baker City, Quail Ridge Golf Management (QRGM) will need to update the current cart house
A couple basic facts:
1. The City of Baker City owns all of the Golf Cart Houses. QRGM manages the use
of each Cart House.
2. The original user has the right to use the cart house for a fee set by the City but the
user does not own the Cart House, just the right to use it.
3. The City and QRGM are responsible for insurance on the buildings, but not the
4. The City and QRGM are responsible for building maintenance and painting the cart
4. Cart House users are responsible for maintenance on their individual doors.
However, QRGM does plan to paint all cart houses this spring, including each door.
5. Any work done to the exterior or significant work done to the interior of the Cart
Houses by the user will need to be approved by QRGM General Manager prior to any
6. Any modifications to the cart houses will need to be returned to original state if
Trail Fee Sticker:
Each private golf cart is required to have a current trail fee sticker displayed on the cart itself.
These trail fee stickers are required for private golf cart use at Quail Ridge. Trail fee stickers
must be purchased at the time of cart house payment.
It is the position of both Baker City and QRGM that the Cart Houses sole designated purpose is
the storage of Golf Carts and golf related items/activities. If it is discovered by the City or
QRGM that the cart houses are being used for any purpose other than golf cart storage and golf
related items/activities, the user will be charged an additional $80/month as that is the average
storage rental rate in Baker City. This rate will be in addition to the base cart house rental.